Saturday 23 March 2013

Credit where its due - Student Finance

My younger daughter is hoping to head off to university this Autumn - but it was not her imminent departure, or concerns about 'empty nesting' that had me hating the thought of it (not to say that I won't miss her dreadfully) but the idea of facing Student Finance again.

Four years ago when her older sister launched herself into university life it was right at the start of Student Finance taking over the responsibility for calculating and paying her loans and grants.
Now admittedly my finances were not straightforward, having just left one job and being in the process of setting up www.moneymaxim.co.uk but did it really need to be so painful?

The lever arch file of assessments, applications, evidence, more assessments therefore sat beside me earlier this week as I finally decided to tackle Hannahs application. The memory of the frustration caused as it took 6 weeks to process every piece of paper, only to be asked for a minor amendment to be made to it and having to start the 6 week clock ticking again came flooding back.

But this year - what a change!

20 minutes on the pc and its submitted, approved and sorted. So its a 5 out of 5 for Student Finance from me - well done them!

So hopefully Hannah won't be relying on University hardship funds until Easter - and she will be able to get on with enjoying uni life as any 19 years old should.

In the meantime I will get on with sorting her accommodation, TV license, student insurance .. and all the other things Dads get delegated!

No comments:

Post a Comment